The clock stands at the head of Warwick Road by Abbey End, and was presented to Kenilworth in 1906 by G.M. Turner as a memorial to his late wife.
The upper part of the clock was damaged by a landmine in 1940 which also destroyed the Globe Hotel next to the site (now Abbey End).
The inscription for the plaque at Abbey End reads:
“Near this spot stood the Globe Hotel,
destroyed by enemy action
on the night of 21 November 1940
killing 28 people.
Their known names are recorded
On a tablet in the cemetery chapel”
Old photos from the archive on windows on Warwickshire show the clock tower as it was just after the war with it’s landmine damage.