The Kenilworth Town Council website was created and is maintained with accessibility in mind.The Kenilworth Town Council website was created and is maintained with accessibility in mind.
The following features are intended to make the site easy to use for all visitors.
Use the browser to change font size.
In Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox go to Tools/Settings and select the + sign to Zoom and increase font size.
- Site Map – This lists all the pages in each category of the website.
- The search box appears on every page and allows you to search the whole site for specific information.
- Consistency – The navigation is consistent across the whole site to make finding information easier.
We aim to use plain language and try to avoid unnecessary jargon and acronyms. Text in some documents, such as committee reports, may contain more complex or technical language.
We provide a text alternative for all images on the website.
Opening and downloading Adobe Acrobat documents
Downloadable documents on the site are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download the free Adobe Reader if required to open a PDF. Acrobat Reader now has improved accessibility features and includes the facility to read the text out loud. You can also download other free PDF readers.
Our website has been tested in a variety of browsers and devices. Supported versions are largely dictated by usage but all content should be readable, usable and functional in the latest versions of Internet Explorer (8 and beyond), Firefox, Chrome and Safari. For browser types not included in this list, page content should still be readable; although in reality it is possible they will have the correct appearance and function. Decisions on supporting older versions of browsers will ultimately be decided by current usage and users may be encouraged to upgrade.
Known issues – maps
- Whilst every effort has been made, it is not currently possible to make Geographic Information System (GIS maps) completely accessible to all users.
- If you require help with the interactive maps call Maggie Field, Town Clerk on 01926 859155 . Individual pages may contain embedded third party maps in iframes. The accessibility of these maps is beyond our control and there may be issues with keyboard access. We aim to provide relevant addresses in text format where these maps appear.
We are continually working to maintain and improve levels of accessibility. If you experience problems with the site then please email KenTC@kenilworth.org and we will try to sort out the problem.