Warwick District Council
Kenilworth Neighbourhood Plan
Decision Statement published pursuant to Regulation 18 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General)
The Kenilworth Neighbourhood Plan was subject to independent examination. The Examiner’s report was received in August 2018. The report recommended that the Kenilworth Neighbourhood Plan should proceed to referendum, subject to a number of modifications.
The Council has considered each of the recommendations made by the Examiner, and is satisfied that subject to each of the modifications being made for the reasons given in the report, the Kenilworth Neighbourhood Plan can proceed to referendum for the following reasons:
- The Neighbourhood Plan meets the Basic Conditions;
- The Neighbourhood Plan has been prepared and submitted for examination by a Qualifying Body, Kenilworth Town Council;
- The Neighbourhood Plan has been prepared for an area properly designated, the Parish of Kenilworth;
- The policies relate to the use of land and development for the designated neighbourhood
Warwick District Council agrees with the Examiner’s recommendation that the referendum of the Kenilworth Neighbourhood Plan should be based on the designated Neighbourhood Area, as identified within the Plan, and approved by Warwick District Council on 17 August 2015.
The Decision Statement and the Examiner’s Report (including the recommended modifications to the Kenilworth Neighbourhood Plan) can be viewed on Warwick District Council’s website at the address below:
The documents are also available for inspection at the following locations:
- Warwick District Council, Riverside House, Milverton Hill, Leamington Spa, CV32 5H
- Kenilworth Town Council, Jubilee House, Smalley Place, Kenilworth, CV8 1QG
The referendum on the Kenilworth Neighbourhood Plan will take place in Kenilworth on Thursday 15th November 2018.
Statement date: 12 September 2018