Old High Street

 

Old High Street

High Street is in what most in Kenilworth would refer to as the ‘Old Town’, whilst Warwick Road (which most visitors would recognise as the High Street) runs through the heart of the newer part of Kenilworth.

Bridge Street and High Street, form the east and north sides of Abbey Fields.  Numerous examples of fine listed buildings can be found here all in excellent condition.

Parts of Milsoms Hotel (formerly, The Clarendon House Hotel) date back to 1430 Old High Streetwhen the original timber-framed Castle Tavern sat on the site.  The old oak tree around which it was built still supports the newer building.  The High street is positioned on the old droving road from Balsall Common to Southam and the road that links Kenilworth Castle to Coventry in the North.

Old High StreetHigh Street’s key attributes are amazing buildings and architecture, it’s proximity to the Castle it’s excellent shops, services and places to eat and drink.

The street features some lovely little shops ranging from a post office, galleries, to a range of eatieries and a bridal shop to specialist bike shop … even hairdressers/beauty parlours, if you fancy a pamper!